Gentleman Zombie Gentleman Zombie

Cool graphics style, work on animation and story.

I really liked the graphic style, with the texture over everything, but the actual animation used too much tweening in my opinion. I know you said not to complain about it being too short, but it really did feel like it was going somewhere and then it just ends. I don't want to be a negative nancy, though, because this really did show potential and was a lot better than a lot of stuff on newgrounds! I want to see more of your animations!

ctrlaltd1337 responds:

Yeah I totally agree with the story. The project was to incorporate a joke into an animation, I really hate slapstick comedy and all that stuff, so I went down the zombie joke path, which was better than my first idea of a dead baby joke. lol. And I can't see how I could have made my animation style work frame-by-frame, I use the line tool. Sure I could have done it frame-by-frame, by I had 2 weeks left to finish it, not 2 years.

Pico's Cool Pico's Cool

AWESOME

I loved the way you used really simple graphics with great animation, it made the whole thing a joy to watch for me. Some aspects, like the hands playing the guitar, looked a bit off; but I really just enjoy watching this and in my opinion it captures everything great about pico day :).

Dead Baby Joke Dead Baby Joke

moo

I don't really care about this being offensive, but you can't just rely on offensive jokes to be funny, you have to actually, you know, come up with some reason for people to laugh at it. People don't like shows like South Park JUST because they're offensive, they also have clever jokes, and messages behind the stories. This is just you trying to get by just by being 'edgy'. More effort, please!

Across the Universe: Ep.1 Across the Universe: Ep.1

Very polished and well done.

You are very good with special effects and I could tell that you have a deep story you are trying to tell. The movie kept me interested from beginning to end, and it felt like a very professional animation, although, this just made the problems stand out more.

The character animation was jumpy and I tink it would have worked a lot better for the mood if you stuck to fbf instead of tweening, to give characters more weight, because at the moment it is distracting from the main plot. Also, there were some spelling errors in the subtitles, and the voice work could have been better.

Apart from these points, though, there really is some very impressive special effects animation in this, and a great story. I liked it! :D

whare did ya go?!!! whare did ya go?!!!

Hmm...

Using a tablet REALLY helps make this kind of fbf animation look nicer, and if you already have one, turn on pressure sensitivity. You can go to file > flash settings > audio stream, and change up the settings there and it should help with the desyncing of the audio. This was kind of enjoyable to watch, but these kind of animations get by pretty much on their style alone, and things like the photo tweening around make it that much less interesting to watch. Also, with music videos it seems to make them less 'cool' if you just write, or have 'direct' references to the lyrics as they are being said, even if the flash IS in sync. Apart from that, the fbf was nice but not perfect, and it wasn't my type of song, but the movie kept me watching the whole way through. With the use of a tablet, and a little more effort, this could be an awesome animation.

coolsponge26 responds:

i tried it but if i go to file, i cant find anything that says flash settings

Lolable Shorts Lolable Shorts

Shorts were not lolable.

You need to spend more time on your animations. The whole thing felt rushed, and you really need to put together a proper script and maybe start off with just making one short, and make it really good. Just because there three of them doesn't make it any more lolable. Also add a 'play all' button. The last one was the worst.

MMA and Health MMA and Health

Nice animation, but not too interested.

Well done on the animation, this would be a great thing to use for a school class, but not so good for newgrounds, because this involves learning, and learning makes us feel like we're at school too... So it would be good to see some animation made just for newgrounds. But very impressive work on the animation.

My Screen Name My Screen Name

Very funny!

Do you use the mouse with your left hand in real life too???

Treader of the Dust Treader of the Dust

Work on improving your storytelling...

I had no idea what was going on in this movie. Maybe you could have added voice overs, a narrator, or at least text to help the viewer understand why the man runs away from the book, and pretty much everything after that.

The animation was dodgy but I could tell that you probably put effort into it, so keep practicing and improving your skills.

The music was good and helped a lot with the tone of the thing.

In conclusion, I had no idea what was going on.

liquidsquid responds:

yeah that was my main fear. I didn't really properly explain what is happening with the book, or why bad things happen to the people who read it. I guess it only really makes sense if you've read the story

thanks for being polite and constructive though